Un-publish site?

Hello, I got a little excited and published my site before even really doing anything, is there any way to un-publish/hide my site?
thank you.

@bobson42 Just delete the files using 000webhost file manage or via ftp client like Filezilla.

And if you Publish it again…then just upload all the files.

Thank you, akhilkumar332 I will give it ago!

Hello again…I have tried your 1st suggestion after ‘‘googling’’ as ( I could not find a option to take me to the 000webhost file manage) I logged in and deleted the main folder along with the folder named tmp,
after that I googled my site, and got a 403 forbidden message:

''Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.’’

Great it worked right? but attempting to make sure I don’t spend ages making a site to find out this error message is permanent I clicked publish site again, but 5 mins later the error is still there.

why cant there just be a un-publish button? it would be so much easier and make sense I think,
or even just clicking publish when your site is already published should un-publish the site.
on my travells I saw a reset website, and delete website option.maybe those are more viable ways of getting a clean start?/ unpublished site

any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated thank you.

If you delete your site you can just make it and start again.

Infinity thank your for the fast response, but could you please make it idiot proof, I need to know how* as much as what I need to do, im a complete noobie I have no files to upload and, and I only know of the term
ftp client like Filezilla.
could you provide a link or some sort of instruction on where I need to go to delete my site please?
so I don’t accidently break the whole* internet. I really don’t know what im doing.
Iv’e only been using 000webhost since yesterday!

Login to your 000webhost.com control panel.

Hit on settings, then general.

Browse to the bottom then hit delete.

Hello again, sorry for the late reply, I just wanted to thank everyone for their help, and a special thank you to infinity for the pictures, my site is now back to normal thanks.

1 Like