CNAME pointing issues

Hello,

I’ve set up CNAME at my registrar to point to my newly created web address http://kinozal-me.000webhostapp.com/. Everything should work fine according to Google’s toolbox.

Web browser also takes me to correct address.

But this domain name is not registered with 000WebHost and when I try to configure it I get an error:

I don’t know what else can I do to make it work. Everything looks to be set up correctly but things just don’t work!

Please help.

What does your registrar show when you login to view the records?

My domain name is registered with networksolutions.com. Here’s the CNAME records screenshot:

I’ve just visited the control panel and tried to point blog.mysite.com within 000webhost and it asked me to set the CNAME and I have done so correctly at the registrar, but I still get the error floating at top right in 000webhost when trying to confirm it.

I’ll wait a while and hopefully it will resolve but I could have a feeling it has something to do with it not being a site.com instead site.site.com

Would it not be easier to host your subdomain site at the current site you are hosting smelkov.com?

That’s what I’m suspecting also. Though we can’t be sure, can we? Anyway this is not a registrar or domain record problems because they work fine and point the address to the right server. It’s just that the server 000webhostapp.com can’t handle it correctly.

Yeah the nothing here page will appear if you point any domain at 000webhost but you don’t park/point it in the control panel.

Once you get past the red floating error message and manage to park/point your domain then your site will appear when you visit sub.site.com

Exactly. As soon as the red error message disappears everything should work fine I guess.

Any chance of getting help from tech support on this site? Like in this life.

Paid hosting offers the perk of live chat and ticket support.

Free hosting offers the community forum only.

Got it. Thank you. I don’t think I’ll be willing to pay for the service if it doesn’t work for me from the very moment I started using it.

Premium is a completely different service.
100% faster and more features.

Hope you get your issue resolved I would just use nameservers and point your domain, CNAME to me is just a silly way to do things.